Mansi Jhaveri, D.O. joined the medical staff as an attending physician at TIRR Memorial Hermann in March 2013. Prior to joining TIRR Memorial Hermann, she was in private practice and received the Emory Stoner MD Award for her contribution to physiatric education. Dr. Jhaveri is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and the American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
Services Provided by Dr. Jhaveri
- Managing memory problems, speech disturbance, difficulty swallowing, weakness, increase in muscle tension, and balance difficulty associated with neurologic disease
- Referral to physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, neuropsychology, and nursing staff to promote optimal patient function
- Prescription of assistive devices such as a rolling walker, cane, or orthotic to improve ambulation and balance
- Electromyography and nerve conduction studies to diagnose common problems such as cervical radiculopathy or carpal tunnel syndrome
- Monthly stroke support group with education on how to prevent future strokes
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Philadelphia of College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Pennsylvania
Areas of Interests
- Disability Reduction in Patients with Stroke
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other Neurologic Diseases
Finding innovative ways to provide rehabilitation services to those patients with limited access due to geographic or socioeconomic factors.